Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 1: A Catastrophe


a.) Kev damaged his GoPro camera after it fell off his bike when hitting a big bump.
b.) Ran out of gas just outside Amherst, NS (I forgot my petcock was set on Reserve the whole time). Kev had to make a gas run for me. Then my bike quit and wouldn't start! Tried to jump start it, but that only got me a mile before it quit again.
d.) Got bike towed to local mechanic and got my bike working (they suspected my carb jets got clogged when I ran out of gas, since all the dirt in the bottom of my tank got used).
e.) While Kev was waiting for me in the motorcycle-shop parking lot, he thought it would be a good idea to tighten his cam chain (it sounded like it was loose). While doing this, he managed to completely drop his cam chain tensioner INSIDE of his engine by accident. He was terrified that his bike was finished for good and the entire trip was done. After 40 mins of crazy hard work, the mechanics were able to fish out the parts from his engine, and put things back together. Truly amazing watching this happen.
f.) Made it to Moncton, and we stayed at Kev's friend Mel's place. Mel, if you're reading this: Thank you!!
Crazy stressful day. Let's hope the whole trip isn't this dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment