Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 22: Trav is Home!


Trav Says:
Had a decent sleep, and hit the road not long after sunrise. It's both exciting and strange to be in familiar places again. I'm eager to get home, and we're only a few hours away. I figure out the best route to avoid highways/freeways, and head for home. We stop for breakfast in Copperopolis, which has an awesome name. The foothills are nice. All the rolling hills are yellow with dried out grass, sprinkled with Oak trees. Just as beautiful as many of the other places we've visited along our trip, but it has the magic of not having snow in the winter.

We're able to take backroads all the way to Walnut Creek, and then we take 10 minutes of freeway to get to my place.

As I type this, I've home for 24 hours now. It's incredibly relaxing, but small hints of sadness are creeping in that the journey is over. Kev will continue his journey up to Vancouver, and he's trying to pressure me to go with him.

Overall, this was a fantastic adventure. Tons of bike problems, but I don't regret any of it. Kev is a fantastic person, and makes a great riding partner. It's great that we're both patient and easy going, as some of the most challenging parts of the trip could have sucked otherwise. I poke fun at Kev in earlier blog posts, but the truth is that I couldn't think of anyone better to do a trip like this with.

Kev Says:
Arriving at Trav's house was a bittersweet feeling. It feels wonderful to have made it here safely, but I am saddened that this marks the end of the journey for Trav. He is excited and relieved to be home and able to relax. Over the next few days I'll be preparing for the next leg of my journey from San Francisco to Whistler BC where I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch great friends.

It's going to be different to continue on the trip without Fred, Trav and Jimmy the GPS. I'm trying to convince them to join me for the first day or two or three.... Also, my friend Shaun and his girlfriend Rosanna are planning a motorcycle trip to Northern California over next couple weeks I'm hoping our paths will cross. Whether the trip turns out to be just Willow and I or with other friends too, I am excited about the adventures that lay ahead. I've been dreaming about Hwy #1 for a long time, I'm imagining it will be EXACTLY like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment