Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 33: Made it!

My friend Natasha who lives in Nova Scotia but happend to be in Victoria took me out for breakfast to a really nice little cafe. We went to the Sitka Skateboard and surf shop. They have a beautiful 4' halfpipe with pool coping that they just use to store stuff on top of. Such a shame.




I left Victoria at about 1:50 and went to Nanimo to take the ferry to Horseshoe Bay. I planed to get gas in Nanimo but the trans Canada suddenly turns into the ferry terminal. So I was suddenly in line for the boat. Getting off the boat I went into the village of Horseshoe bay looking for a gas station. No luck. Driving around the village I had to switch Willow to reserve. Decided trying to make it to Squamish was my only choice. Tried to go slow and coast down all the hills, but it didn't matter and I ran out of gas just outside of town beside this friendly bear.



Got it sorted and made it to Logan and Vika's place in Whistler just after dark. They came down to the driveway for big hugs and they helped me carry all my stuff inside. They promptly fed me chile and beer and politely listened to long winded stories about the trip. So nice to be here! Today Willow can rest, Logan is going to take me to try downhill mountain biking for the first time....

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your still going strong! I admire your spirit of adventure. Best of luck! Kevin's Cycle- Norton, MA (we spoke when you were in MA)

    ReplyDelete